We have two new projects for the caring community which offer Free creative wellbeing activities for people in caring roles, paid or unpaid across BaNES called ‘Inspiring People who Care’ and Free activities for Care Homes called – ‘Inspiring Care Homes’ where artists will visit Care Homes in BaNES between January to March 2022. The brochures [see links below] give the latest updated dates of what’s on offer.
So if you, or someone you know is a carer – please take a look at what’s on offer – and share! Some of the courses have been rescheduled and now have slightly later start dates. The courses have now been split into two brochures to make it easier for you to find the right creative course for you and or the care home, and the Inspiring People who Care offer, is free to anyone working or volunteering in a caring role or organisation.
If you are working with people in any role paid or unpaid or an artist delivering sessions in the community these free sessions are for you. There’s lots of free places available – sign up now!
There are places available on all of the following:
- Visual Journaling 5 week course, Foxhill, Bath – Tuesdays 7pm – 9pm starting 8th Feb
- Cooking for Healthy Living – 4 week online course – Fridays 6pm – 7.30pm from 21st Jan
- Playlists for Life taster sessions online – how do use music to support dementia – Tuesday 25th January 1pm -3pm
- Poems to Order – a fun pick me-up session online – Weds 26th Jan 7pm – 8.30pm
- Lakeside Wellbeing – a rejuvenating session in nature and warm shelter, Chew Valley – Thursday 27th January 10am – 12.30pm
- Wellbeing in Nature – a rejuvenating session in nature and warm shelter, Bath – Friday 28th January 10am – 12 noon
- Relaxation – Midsomer Norton – Friday 28th January 7pm – 8.30pm
- Photography and Breathing Space – Saturday 29th January – 10.30am – 12.30pm
….and many more
To see what else is on offer – download a copy of the brochure here:
FOR CARE HOMES: Free Activities for Care Homes – Inspiring Care Home Brochure Jan – March 2022v2
FOR PEOPLE WHO CARE IN THE COMMUNITY: Inspiring People who Care Brochure – Feb update v4
To book on to one of these courses visit the Wellbeing College website: BOOK A COURSE.
For further details or help with the booking system, please get in touch with Karen or Philippa:
email@example.com Tel: 07517 110612
firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07715 382877
What is the Inspiring Care Homes Project?
Creativity Works is working with the Community Wellbeing Hub to deliver this second phase of the Inspiring Care Homes Project. The project is funded by the Workforce Development Fund within Bath and North East Somerset, which seeks to provide support through wellbeing activities for care home staff and residents.
This phase of the project, which runs from January – March 2022 and will offer creative sessions aimed at supporting the mental and physical wellbeing of staff and residents for over 60 Care Homes and anyone working or volunteering within a caring role or organisation and based in Bath & North East Somerset. This project will employ over 20 experienced socially engaged artists.