Creativity Works are commissioning 5 pieces of socially engaged public art inspired by 5 areas within Bath & North East Somerset with the theme of the 5 Ways to Wellbeing. Commissioned projects must include the audience/participants in the creation and presentation of the artwork. The audience/participants must be able to engage and interact with the artwork, participate in artistic activity and become an integral part of the artwork itself. We aim to create high quality artistic output, social interaction, debate and discussion and to bring a sense of playfulness and wonder to specific areas.
The projects commissioned will be of the highest artistic quality and include the following outcomes:
- serve as a catalyst for social interaction
- promote civic togetherness
- raise awareness of the 5 Ways to Wellbeing
- encourage participants to engage in further artistic practice
Any resulting pieces of art will be offered to the locality for further engagement and the process will be recorded and placed online as an inspirational legacy.
We are offering 5 micro-commissions:
- 4 x £850 (inclusive of 1 x artists fees and materials)
- 1 x £1450 (inclusive of 2 x artists fees and materials)
Mentoring and support from Creativity Works’ team
Plus each artist will be invited to take part in our co|Create International Residency that includes 2 Days FREE training with Darren O’Donnell from Mammalian Diving Reflex (http://mammalian.ca/) on August 4th and 5th
We are looking for innovative and exciting public art projects. We will consider any art form for the commissions however they must display a high level of social engagement
Areas: Twerton, Keynsham, Radstock, Midsomer Norton, Peasedown St John
The projects should be inspired by the unique geography, surroundings and social identity of the chosen location
Theme: ‘5 Ways to Wellbeing’: Connect, Be Active, Take Notice, Keep Learning and Give http://www.neweconomics.org/projects/entry/five-ways-to-well-being
- Application process opens: Tue 5th May 2015
- Creative Coffee morning: Fri 22nd May 12-2pm
(a chance to meet with Creativity Works and ask any questions you may have)
- Application closes: Monday 15th June
- Successful commissions awarded: Monday 29th June
- International Residency: Tue 4th & Wed 5th August
- Commission delivery: September/October 2015
To download the above information click here.
To download the poster click here.