Creativity Works Vacancies
Freelance Enterprise Development Manager
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced and action-focused freelance Enterprise Development Manager to work on our new Creative Resilience Programme.
The candidate will work alongside Creativity Works staff, artists and a consultant to develop the programme, deliver a pilot and articulate the further business model.
The Creative Resilience Programme is a new initiative bringing together resilience techniques and models and delivering them creatively to:
- People with mental health challenges (and other vulnerable groups)
- Statutory organisations
- To work alongside CW staff and a consultant to develop the programme
- To work alongside CW staff and the consultant to develop the business model for the programme
- To research and identify potential customers and clients for the programme
- To create and deliver a marketing strategy for the programme
- To manage and co-ordinate 2 x pilots of the programme (clients tbc)
- To evaluate the pilots and produce ‘next steps’ report
- At least three years’ experience of working within enterprise development
- Experience of taking product/service to market
- Experience of managing and monitoring budgets
- Experience of identifying and delivering project marketing and PR requirements
Knowledge of and/or Skills in:
- Creating packages of work that can be sold to a variety of clients
- Health & Wellbeing and social inclusion issues
- Partnership working
- Motivating and enthusing others in delivering a coherent and inspiring project
- Excellent Computer skills
- Communication both written and verbal, including the ability to speak on behalf of an organisation
- Ability to develop and work within good health and safety policy and practice
- Strong self-motivation and ability to manage own time effectively with minimum supervision
- The ability to respond positively/creatively to challenges and changes
- A commitment to the aims and ethos of Creativity Works
- Freelance contract
- Fee: 26 Days @£150 per day Total: £3900
You must be available for an initial workshop on Mon 10th September and thereafter we anticipate the pilot projects being delivered before the end of 2018.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV and covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 outlining your suitability for the role to: email@example.com by Thur 30th August 5pm
Interviews will be held in the week of 3rd September
Artist Opportunity: The Creative Resilience Programme
Projects & Office Assistant
Creativity Works is an award-winning arts company based in Radstock, North East Somerset. We specialise in socially engaged arts, and work with a number of vulnerable and disadvantaged communities with a focus on mental health & wellbeing and placemaking. We also run a highly regarded training and support programme for artists working in social practice.
Creativity Works is looking for a Projects and Office Assistant with bags of enthusiasm and initiative. You must have very good admin, co-ordination and IT skills, and thrive in a creative, fast-paced environment where you will be working over a number of projects and tasks.
Part time: 22.5 hours per week
To work with the Staff Team to assist in the administration, management, and promotion of Creativity Works projects and events, and to be responsible for data collection and input
Please download the full Job Specification here: Office and Projects Assisstant JD and PS
- Manage promotion, bookings and other arrangements for Creativity Works’ co|Create programme of artists training, support and development
- To be responsible for the management of the new database including inputting data and creating reports
- To take a lead on the management of IT/media installation
To apply for this post
If you are interested in applying for this role please download and complete the Job Application Form and the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form below and email both to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on Mon 10th September 2018.
Deadline for applications: Mon 10th September 10am
Interviews: Friday 21st September
Venue: Creativity Works, Leigh House, 1 Wells Road, Radsctok, BA3 3RN
Creativity Works is a registered charity and an Arts Council National Portfolio Organisation.
If you would like more information after reading the Job Description and Personal Specification, please feel free to call our Director Oliver Jones for an informal chat on 01761 438852, or alternatively you can email him on email@example.com
co|Create: Artists Practice Xchange
- Try out new ideas
- Gain feedback
- Share your practice with a wider community
- Meet like-minded artists
- Hopefully find new partners and collaborators
- Glean inspiration from your peers
How it works:
5 artists will each have 20 minutes to showcase their practice/idea in front of a small audience of peers. This will include 15 minutes of ‘showing’ and 5 minutes of feedback.
The ‘showing’ can be anything you like from a simple presentation to a full-blown workshop or participatory event. The more engaging the better!
There will then be time afterwards to network with fellow artists and audience.
Artists will be offered expenses of £20.
If you are interested in being one of our first 5 Artists, then please do send a proposal outlining your practice & what and how you would like to present to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm Mon 3rd September 2018
Practice Xchange event to be held in Bath (venue tbc) in October (date tbc)
(Artists/audience attending the Practice Xchange event will be charged a small fee that will be administered and kept by Creativity Works)
Networking Event Artist(s): Paid Opportunity
We are looking for an artist, artist collective or a collaborative group to deliver a stupendous networking event on behalf of Creativity Works. It must:
- Appeal to artists at all stages of their career
- Appeal to artists who have an interest in social practice
- Be fun, engaging and innovative
- Be welcoming, safe and un-threatening
- Be accessible to artists from B&NES, Bristol and the wider area
We are interested to see how you would run this event in terms of location, possible theme, content, atmosphere, etc. It should reflect your interests, maybe your own artistic practice, but above all be an event that people want to attend.
Fee: £200 (venue costs negotiable but will not be more than an additional £50)
Target: 25-50 participants
Time: Sept/Oct Duration: 2 hrs
(artists attending the network event will be charged a small fee that will be administered and kept by Creativity Works)
If you are interested, please send a proposal and CV(‘s) to email@example.com by 12pm on Mon 3rd September
We are looking for new Trustees to join our board. Could that be you?
With exciting plans for 2018-22 we are looking for Trustees with a strong background in finance, law, HR, IT, business development/social enterprise or property acquisition.
The Board meets six times per year and is a friendly and committed team.
To apply please send a letter outlining your interest and a CV to our Director, Oliver Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May 2018.
“It’s good to know that I’m a part of something that has such a huge positive impact for the participants we work with” – Existing Trustee